24.10.11



Back in the summer I made this weaving in response to my friend JR Seaton of Call Super's EP Staircase. There was something in these tracks that got me interested in thinking about the correlation between weaving and music within their processes.

Before I have talked about planning vs experimentation in the weaving process. There is definitely a joy in improvising where you will begin to be led by the rhythm of the process, and it will build up a pattern as you go- perhaps more specific and true to the present.


A few months ago I went on a day trip to Chichester and had a look in the cathedral, noticing a medieval songbook in one corner. I was wondering about how the notation and visualisation of music came about and how that might change in the electronic/digital age where perhaps there aren't so much specific notes but sounds and beats.














reverse


reverse


No comments: